- More on Jung’s thoughts
- Discussion of Jung and White
Homework: read excerpts from W.T. Stead and Rudolf Steiner
Session 2 readings, to prepare for discussions in Session 3:
W.T. Stead’s The Blue Island
- Why do we find many different descriptions of what life after death is like?
- Why did he feel it was important for people to have descriptions of the afterlife?
- What is common around mysteries related to the after-life?
- What does Stead say he has tried to do since he arrived on the other side?
- What did Stead find when he crossed?
- What could Stead still do right after he crossed?
- Where was Stead and his companions taken?
- What is he trying to do?
- What effect did the blue hue have on Stead?
- What was the food like?
- Did Stead feel he needed the food?
- What drives one’s daily routine on the Blue Island?
- What happens while the people are on the Blue Island?
- Is life on the Blue Island static?
- Why is it important for us on earth to control our bodies with our minds?
- Why is mind control important?
- How does Stead describe the mind?
- What is the power of thought?
- What does Stead want us to realize?
- What changes occur while on the island?
- What form does progress take on the island?
- Where did Stead travel?
- What is required for a person on the spirit plane to advance?
- What is meant by the saying “coming events cast their shadows before”?
Rudolf Steiner’s essay on “Life Between Death and Rebirth:”
- How is Steiner’s approach similar to Jung’s?
- How does Steiner think a soul feels about its karma once it is in the afterlife?
- What must we experience on the spiritual plane?
- What happens as we pass through the gate of death?
- What is the key that determines how we experience life after death?
- What is the key to a good experience during the phase after Mercury?
- What does Steiner mean by the “Mystery of Golgotha”?
- Who else, besides Christ, leads us onward?
- What can this being do for us?
- What determines how our karma is formed?
- What do we bear within us when we incarnate again on earth?
- What is the focus of Steiner’s study?
- What does Steiner see as the task of spiritual science?
- What is meant by Jesus’ quote “Ye are gods”?
- What is the fundamental difference between Christ and Lucifer, according to Steiner?
- What challenge does Steiner present to us?
- What does spiritual science develop in people?
- How does Steiner describe the time between death and life on p. 265?
- What is in store for a person who avoids spiritual development while alive?
- What is Steiner’s sense of our time?
- What did Steiner feel spiritual science would reveal?
- Why do we need Lucifer?
- What is Steiner’s opinion of modern science?
- What does spiritual science give us insight about?
- What is your overall impression of Steiner?
*To print these documents, click the links to download and open the files once finished. Go to File -> Print
Steiner on Life Between Death and Rebirth
Download Steiner: On Life Between Death and Rebirth