- Discuss the syllabus, homework and course format
- Discussion of student expectations
- Sources of our information
- My personal experience
- Others’ experiences (if anyone wishes to share)
- Jung’s thoughts on spirits and spiritualism
Homework: Read excerpts from White’s Unobstructed Universe and Jung’s Introduction to the German edition of White
Exercise Questions for Week One
The After-Life Journey of the Soul Workshop
1) In the space below, respond to the following questions: When you die, what do you expect will happen to you?
2) Do you have an image of what the “afterlife” is like? If so, set down some thoughts below.
3) Do you think it is important to have an image of the afterlife?
Session 1 readings, to prepare for discussions in Session 2:
Jung’s Introduction to German translation of White:
- How does Jung suggest we interpret the material in The Unobstructed Universe?
- What does Jung feel The Unobstructed Universe offers to the reader?
- Jung was convinced of the reality of spiritual phenomena; on what did he base this conviction?
- What distinguishes the spirit of the departed?
- Why is it important to attain maximum consciousness while on the physical plane?
Jung’s Letter to Kunkel about The Unobstructed Universe
- What urge is behind the spiritualist movement, according to Jung?
- What does Jung find amazing?
- How does Jung explain the collective unconscious?
- What does Jung feel is the best idea in White’s book?
Chapters from Jung’s Memories, Dreams, Reflections
- When did the visions Jung writes about in chapter X begin?
- What did Jung experience in his near-death experience in 1944?
- On what does Jung base his thoughts on the hereafter?
- Why has “critical rationalism” arisen and what has been the result of this?
- Why is mythologizing important?
- What two options does Jung see for interpreting a voice coming through a medium?
- Why is it useful to believe in an afterlife?
- What does Jung ask of an aging person and why?
- Why is this important?
- Why is earthly life so significant?
- What are the two viewpoints we can have about death?
- How does Jung describe his myth about the afterlife?
- What is Jung’s opinion of the general public’s concept of the hereafter?
- What feature of our present reality is likely to be present on the other side, according to Jung, and why?
- How did Jung describe his 1944 vision?
- What determines when a person returns to earth?
- What is the real world?
- What is the heart of the growth process?
- What did Jung feel was the decisive question for humans?
- What does Jung see as the supreme challenge?
- What is the dual relationship that Jung describes on page 326?
- What is your overall reaction after reading these excerpts from Jung?
Stewart White The Unobstructed Universe
- How had White come to have unconventional ideas about death?
- How does he define the “Invisibles”?
- What was the common thread in the 4 earlier books by White?
- Where did Betty go after she died?
- What are the two kinds of density?
- How does Betty describe her world?
- How does Betty explain the communication she has with Joan?
- What is meant by the “unobstructed” universe?
- What does “orthos” mean?
- What does Betty identify as the one and only reality?
- What are the two modes of consciousness evolution?
- What was Betty’s assignment?
- How is our universe “obstructed”?
- What do the physical universe, the unobstructed universe and consciousness all operate in?
- What degree of consciousness does matter have?
- What is real to Betty?
- What is the key difference between Betty’s world and ours?
- What is “density”?
- Why can Betty walk on water?
- What is the difference between the alpha and beta bodies?
- What can Betty do with space?
- What is matter?
- What gets arrested in the obstructed universe?
- How is the unobstructed universe psychologically limited?
- What are thoughts?
- What is the individual person meant to do?
- What happens to those who arrive without a full accumulation of consciousness?
- What did Betty urge us to do?
- How is Betty’s reality like our own?
- What happens to those who have the lowest degrees of consciousness?
*To print these documents, click the links to download and open the files once finished. Go to File -> Print
White The Unobstructed Universe
Download White: The Unobstructed Universe
Jung's Intro to White Unobstructed Universe